Sunday, April 11, 2010

The result of being unprepared

Taken: 10-Apr-2010
Pictures taken with Nikon D300s, Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8.
Location: Changi beach off Air Cargo Terminal, Singapore
All pictures © all rights reserved.


The alarm did go off, I swear. Twice too! Just that it fell through the space between the wall and the bed. Needless to say, I woke up late when my friend called me to ask if I am on the way. Packed my bag army style and rushed to the car. We were planning to hit Punggol beach, but due to my late-ness, there was no way we were going to make it there before sunrise. As I drove along one of the Changi coastal road, I saw the sun is already making its way up behind the clouds. My friend pointed to a drive way, I swerved in, parked and off we go. Saw this interesting jetty. Not the best foreground but we had to work with what we have. Set up and started shooting. No time for my slotted filters. The hurry, coupled with my unfamiliarity with new gear, yielded less than satisfactory pictures despite the beautiful sunrise. Serve me right. *sob*

#1 - Waiting for the sunrise.

#2 - Changi beach scene.

#3 - The jetty.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...